Week One - Wednesday - Storybook Favorites

After reading through some of the old projects, I have a few ideas on how to tackle my project. I'll need to read a lot of the stories that will be posted in this course, but seeing how to incorporate them in these projects has been very helpful. Here are a few that stood out to me:

1. Gossip Girl Ayodhya (Source)
This project was done by telling the story of an Indian Epic (of which I have not read) through the narration style of the TV show, Gossip Girl. I thought it was really interesting how this story was told. This was the first project I looked at, so it was pretty natural that it would stand out to me the most. I was able to find a picture relating to one of the stories she wrote on, so that makes me optimistic that I'll be able to find the images I need when I do my project. Here's the picture I found:

2. Voldemort's Reincarnation (Source)
I thought this project was very cool as well. In his project, he was narrating the story through the eyes of a newly created character in the Harry Potter universe. He explains how a story from some Indian Epic could be applied to the plot of Harry Potter. I thought the design was fine enough. I feel like it could have been cleaned up a bit more, but the content was the important part of the project, so that's fine.

3. Rama on the Golf Course (Source)
In this project, the author seemed to relate his experiences with the OU golf team and used character names and plot lines from the Epics he read in class. I thought this was a very cool way of doing his project. He took the stories he read in this class and molded them to his real life experiences. I noticed that his site format seems to be very similar to other projects. I can only assume that the content creator they all used offers very cookie cutter features. I will be curious how I can create my project to make it visually stand out from others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image: Source: WikipediaCommons - Dasharatha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an IT guy

Week 12 Storytelling: Words Heeded