Topic Brainstorm

Here are some ideas for possible Storybook topics that I found:

Supernatural Characters of the Ramayana
There are many supernatural characters found in the Indian Epics. I can see myself using many of them in my stories. I plan on doing a portfolio, rather than a storybook. So I think using these characters as one-off characters in my stories will be helpful.

Krishna the Hero
Krishna is a very well-known god with many stories written about him. I usually would write about the characters Zedd and Richard in my stories, but I may write a story with just Krishna and his exploits. Some of the stories with Krishna look pretty cool, so I think there could be good stories written with him.

Yama, the God of Death
The topic here may not be exclusively about Yama, but rather death as a whole. But based on what I've read about Yama, I think I could fit him into a story very nicely. The idea I'd have with him wouldn't be a story set on a grand scale of events, but maybe with one character coming to terms with death?

Indra
This one seems interesting. His powers could set the stage for some really cool plot devices. It looks like he dropped out of relevance somewhat over time. However, that just might give more stories to use. In some he's a god, in others he's a powerful hero. I think there can be many ways to incorporate him into my stories. He also has a cool pet elephant, as seen here:
Indra on his elephant: Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an IT guy

Week 12 Storytelling: Words Heeded