Reading Notes Part B: Narayan's Ramayana

A lot of plot developments in these readings as well. I'm not a huge fan of Kaikeyi. That was pretty lame what she did to Rama.

There are so many names and it is very difficult to keep them all separated in my head. The impressions that the stories are having will be easy to remember and I can just come back to the book and reread it for a refresher.

Instead of renting the book out, I may order it off Amazon for easy access. $12 for a new paperback is not bad at all. Actually, I just tabbed over on my browser while writing this and ordered it. I won't have it until Friday, so I'll be able to use it for next week's readings. Once I get back from an event tonight, I'll look ahead and try to order some of the other books we'll need for the class. I see there's online versions too, but I like having a hard copy of books. If nothing else, it will be a fine addition to my bookshelf!

In any case, lot's of good content came out of this week's readings. I'm excited to see how parts C and D go next week (with my fancy new book). Here's a picture of the scene of Dasharatha's death:
Dasharatha's Death: Source

Bibliography
Narayan's Ramayana by Kamban & R, K. Narayan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an IT guy

Week 12 Storytelling: Words Heeded