Reading Notes: Mahabharata

-Yudhistra said some interesting things when lamenting the fact that they were about to kill the Kauravas. The line was about how even if one baby on the other side holds onto the ember hate, it could one day rekindle the fires of war. He also went on to say how enmity is never quenched by enmity. I'm not sure what story could be made from that, but it's a powerful thought.

-While they were talking about killing all the Kauravas, some of them were glorifying what they were about to do. Even Krishna said, "...and then it'll be their women's turn to weep." I want to be sure to stray away from the glorification of murder and war in my stories. I get that it's all fine and whatnot in this story, but for me personally, I don't want to include those elements.

-Judging from the war scenes in this book, I think I may attempt to write a war story. I feel like it's going to be rough, but with the content from this book, I think I can pull it off.

Arjuna and Krishna: Source

Bibliography
Mahabharata by N.K. Narayan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an IT guy

Week 12 Storytelling: Words Heeded