Reading Notes: Mahabharata Part One

Vasus - Take note of each of these deities. The story in the Mahabharata was interesting, but I think there's a lot of different ways you can weave a standalone story using these characters.

Just like Professor Gibbs said, this book has some very "Game of Throne-esque" characteristics. If I incorporate any of those elements into the story, I think the setting will have to be in an already-developed plot or near the end. There's just not enough space in a portfolio story to creating an in-depth narrative.

I could write another internal monologue for Kunti watching Madri climb into the pyre like I did for King Dasharatha. I'm not sure if I can hit the pathos of the story as well as I did the first time.

So with the whole "five husbands" thing reincarnated in Draupadi, I think there's a good story element I can use there. Probably won't use the five husbands concept, but I think I incorporate something about a cycle happening to an individual over and over again. I'm not sure what it would look like, but I like the idea of it.

Krishna - Source


Bibliography
Mahabharata by N.K. Narayan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an IT guy

Week 12 Storytelling: Words Heeded